Thursday, August 12, 2010

If I have not Love

So there is something that has been on my heart that I have wanted to say. Its going to be short and simple. I am not trying to spark a debate or to even argue my point. It is not my purpose in writing this. I only want to express what I have seen of God's sovereignty while I have been abroad.

God is not bound by our theologies or intellectual perception of who He is. We serve a relational God who we must see as whole; as being everything He says He is.. even when it does not make sense. It is because our human minds fail to completely ad fully understand God that the relational aspect is so important.

In regards to salvation, I can only tell you this.

I have helped with the orphanages in Mexico. I have been to the slums in Jamaica. I have been apart of medical clinics in villages in Indonesia. I have met with ambassadors, missionaries, and leaders of international organizations. I have worked in the US court system. I have worked with prostitutes in Greece. In all this, I can tell you one thing, God is love. This is what I know of Him from scripture and from our friendship. He is just and sovereign, but his sovereignty is not limited to His divine right to choose, but is expanded by His love and as a direct reflection of that love, His gift of personal choice.


Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profiteth me nothing. *1 Corinthians 13:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment